These cards are a very cost effective way to monitor and assist in the monitoring and control of adult Aphids and Whitefly in your garden. In addition the cards will also attract trips and leafminer adults.
The card has a special UC counting grid, simply multiplying the insect count by 5 you will get an understanding of your pest population density, and it will also give you an indication of pest load / and pest species.
Instructions for usage:
- For tall crops such as cucumber, tomato and pepper, position the traps just above the top of the plant and adjust while the plants grow
- When it comes to crops with a low canopy, support the traps by canes or wire holders and install them maximum 30 cm above the crop
- The traps must be placed in areas where the risk of pest infestation is high, e.g at doors, gable ends and lateral ventilation openings
- Traps must be removed when significant numbers of flying parasites are caught. This happens when traps hang among the plants (instead of above)
With regards to monitoring purposes, the advised rate is five traps per 1,000 m². If the traps must contribute to the biological control of pests in so-called hot spots (i.e. mass trapping), use at least one trap per 20 m² or at most one trap per 2 m². Both small and larger traps can be used for this purpose.
25 x 10 cm
Contains 8 double-sided + 2 one-sided sticky traps
- Product Code: 177-AphidCard-1
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: R108.43