Livingseeds has partnered with BioBee to provide their full range of beneficial insects to the home gardener and the small scale farmer.
Beneficial insects are simply the best way to control pest infestations, and as they are the natural enemies of your pests, they will target exactly the issue that you are having.
Please read the Important Points below.
due to the small quantities required by home gardeners and small scale
farmers (<5 hectares) the cost of actually obtaining a few vials of
these amazing insects has been prohibitive. Commercial scale farmers
will order 100's of vials of a single insect, whereas a small scale
farmer will require just a few and a home gardener will only require
With our combined purchasing power we are able to supply these beneficial insects in small quantities that are perfect for the home gardener, at really affordable prices.
How it works:
pre-orders are collated every 2 weeks. We will typically place an order
every 2nd Wednesday. This does vary depending on demand.
The orders are received on a Monday afternoon, and shipped the following day using a courier service.
Note that the majority of these are imported from Israel.
Please note: If you live in an outlying area that is not regularly serviced by a courier, please call our office prior to ordering.
Livingseeds Office # 073 141 7101
Naturally, any other products ordered with your IPM order will be held back.
1) We do not have a beneficial insect for every pest. Please make sure you are choosing the correct beneficial.
2) Without the correct target pest, the beneficial insects will die. There are very few that can survive on other food sources (pollen, other pests etc).
3) Not all pests are equal. and not all IPM's work for all pests.
4) If you do not apply the IPM solution correctly, it will not work.
5) If you apply the incorrect IPM in the hopes that it will work.... it will not.
6) We are supplying you live insects, they need to be released ASAP and cannot be stored.
7) All packages are over-packed and some deaths will occur in transport. Also note that sheddings can also be present in the containers giving a false impression of insect deaths in the packaging.
This is not an instant cure, and it can take 2-3 weeks for your
beneficial population to increase to a point where your target pests are
9) If you have used any chemical insecticides in the past 2 months, they will probably kill your newly acquired BioBee beneficials.
However, if you have been using any of the BioGrow products that we
sell, there is no need for concern. BioGrow products are recommended by
BioBee for use with their IPM beneficials.