Tetranychus urticae Two-spotted or Red spidermite
Tetranychus cinnabarinus Carmine spidermite
Tetranychus turkestani Strawberry spidermite
Tetranychus ludeni Bean mite
BioPersimilis is predatory mite Phytoseiulus persimilis, originally from South America, but now has a worldwide distribution. It is a well-known biological control agent against spider mites. One of the benefits of this predatory mite is that it can be applied preventatively, as the mites can feed on pollen while they are awaiting a spidermite infestation.
Peppers, chillies, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, maize, cucumber, melons,
strawberries, eggplant and ornamentals like gerbera, roses, and several pot
The adult female is an orange-red pear-shaped mite rather longer than its prey. It has longer front legs and a characteristic rapid movement when disturbed or exposed to bright light. The nymphs are oval and pale-pink in colour.
- BioPersimilis is packed in a 100 cc bottle containing a minimum of 2,000 predatory mites mixed in a vermiculite carrier.
- BioPersimilis can be sprinkled from the bottle over the crop or applied by especially designed distribution boxes that are hung on the plant. The former application method is good for horizontal crops whereas the latter is more effective in vertical crops.
- Prior to opening, the bottle should be rotated gently while in horizontal position to allow proper mixing of the predatory mites in the vermiculite carrier.
- BioPersimilis is shipped in isolated styrofoam boxes chilled with icepacks. This packaging must be kept intact until it reaches the end-user.
- BioPersimilis should be introduced upon first sign of spider mite damage. The release rate depends upon the nature of the crop, the ecosystem (e.g. open field or greenhouse) and the level of spider mite infestation. Temperatures of 21-27°C and high humidity (above 60%) will enhance predator activity and ensure its success.
- Product Code: BB-Per2000
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: R396.06