Planococcus and Pseudococcus spp, predominantly the following
Planococcus citri Citrus Mealybug
Pseudococcus maritimus Grape mealybug
Planococcus ficus Vine mealybug
Planococcus vovae Cypress mealybug
Anagyrus pseudococci is a solitary internal parasitoid of mealybugs. Anagyrus pseudococci is a well-known parasitoid of Planococcus spp. and Pseudococcus spp. mealybugs in greenhouses as well as field and fruit crops worldwide.
Fruit tree orchards, vineyards and protected crops like ornamentals and vegetables where the target pests are evident.
Anagyrus pseudococci’s adults show marked sexual dimorphism. (Males and females look totally different)
The female is about 1.5-2 mm in length and brown, with distinctive black and white banded antennae. The male is smaller (0.8-0.9 mm in length), black in colour bearing an arch-like pair of antennae. The other stages of development occur inside the host.
- BioAnagyrus is an exclusive and innovative product from BioBee
- They are supplied as mummies containing the parasitoid’s pupa, rather than adult wasps. Thus the product reaches its destination everywhere in the world when it is “fresh”, with no mortality in shipping and with enhanced performance.
- The package contains 250 mummified mealybugs mixed in sawdust. It is especially designed to prevent ants from penetrating inside, yet enabling the parasitic wasps to emerge undisturbed. At least 50% of the emerging adults are females.
- BioAnagyrus complements the mealybug destroyer, Cryptolaemus montrouzieri, (BioCryptolaemus), a predatory beetle for the control of mealybugs and soft scales.
- BioAnagyrus is utilized both indoors and outdoors.
- BioAnagyrus is compatible with BioGrow products sold by Livingseeds.
- Adult wasps will emerge from the mummies within one to five days (depending upon the ambient temperature). Immediately upon emergence, the wasps will mate and begin searching for suitable hosts i.e. third instar larvae or adult mealybugs.
- To apply the product, remove the lid, expose the double sided adhesive surface of the label (to protect the contents of the package from ants) and place the bottle in a shady place, protected from rain or dew, preferably close to a mealybug-infested spot. Following their emergence, the wasps will fly out of the bottle and disperse in between the plants. Do not sprinkle the mummies actively from the bottle.
- If ants are present at the mealybug hotspots, they must be destroyed. Ants encourage honeydew secretion by the mealybugs, transfer them from one place to another and protect them by actively interfering with the parasitoid.
- A mix of 50:50 Borax and Sugar moistened with a bit of water will help to control the ants. Please put this mix down a week prior to releasing BioAnagyrus.
- BioAnagyrus is shipped in temperature controlled styrofoam boxes which must be kept intact until reaching the end-user.
- Keep the product at room temperature (not refrigerated!) until emergence has started (appearance of a few dozen parasitic wasps). Avoid direct exposure of the product to sunlight!!!
- Two-three weeks following BioAnagyrus release (depending upon temperature), mummified mealybugs can be clearly detected. The subsequent established generations of the parasitoid will effectively control the mealybugs in the longer run.
- BioAnagyrus introduction rate should be determined according to the nature of the crop and rate of mealybug infestation.
BioAnagyrus IPM (Goggas)
- Product Code: BB-Ana
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: R610.20