A generalist predator of the following pests.
Tuta absoluta Eggs and larvae of the leaf mining moth
Trialeurodes vaporariorum Greenhouse whiteflies
Bemisia tabaci Sweet potato whiteflies
various spider mites,
Nesidiocoris tenuis is a voracious predator of a large spectrum of vegetable pests and is an important part of controlling a wide variety of these pests.
Tuta absoluta has very rapidly become a
massive pest to home gardeners and
commercial growers alike. Losses typically start at 50% and very rapidly
increase to a point where the entire crop is lost. Tuta can produce in excess of 10 generations in a single season, with a single female capable of laying 200-300 eggs.
Tuta eggs, adults and pupae can overwinter in the soil, however this is not a necessity, as they will not go dormant if there is food available for them.
Currently only recommended for tomato and eggplant crops. Trials are being performed on other crops to test the efficacy.
Nesidiocoris tenuis adults are 3-4 mm in length. Both, male and female, are green. They possess striped antennae and a black and white pattern on their wings. Eggs are white coloured and are inserted in the plant tissue. Nymphs are green coloured, visible particularly on the underside of leaves.
- BioNesidiocoris is packed in 100 cc bottles containing 500 individuals each, more than 90% being adults. The predatory bugs are mixed with an inert carrier material.
- Immediately upon release, the predatory bugs actively seek out their prey and once found they insert their piercing-sucking mouth parts to extract the content of the prey’s body.
- BioNesidiocoris is shipped in insulated and chilled styrofoam boxes. This packaging must be kept intact until it reaches the end-user. When applied, the boxes should be taken from the shipment package one by one and the predatory bugs should be released immediately.
- To apply, sprinkle the contents of the bottle over the plants. The bugs will find their way to the parts of the plant they prefer.
- About 2 to 4 weeks following the release of BioNesidiocoris (depending upon temperature), the offspring of the new generation can be detected on the crop. The subsequent generations will establish in the crop and effectively control the target pest.
- The rate and frequency of BioNesidiocoris release may differ from one crop and/or habitat to another. Introduction rate should be determined according to the nature of the crop (e.g. open field or protected) and according to the rate of pest infestation.
- Avoid direct exposure of the product to sunlight!
- BioNesidiocoris is compatible with BioGrow products sold by Livingseeds.
BioNesdiocoris IPM (Goggas)
- Product Code: BB-Nesi
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: R1,637.84