IPM (Beneficial Insects)
Beneficial insects are simply the best way to control pest infestations, and as they are the natural enemies of your pests, they will target the exact issue you are having.
Please read the important points below.
Typically, due to the small quantities required by home gardeners and small-scale farmers (<5 hectares), the cost of actually obtaining a few vials of these amazing insects has been prohibitive. Commercial-scale farmers will order hundreds of vials of a single insect, whereas a small-scale farmer will require just a few and a home gardener will only require one.
With our combined purchasing power, we are able to supply these beneficial insects in small quantities that are perfect for the home gardener, at really affordable prices.
How it works
Insect pre-orders are collated every 2 weeks. We typically place an order every 2nd Thursday. This does vary, depending on demand.
The orders are received the following Monday/Tuesday and shipped the same day using a courier service.
- If you live in an outlying area that is not regularly serviced by a courier, please call our Livingseeds office prior to ordering: 016 100 0824.
- Any other products ordered with your beneficial insect order will be held back until we ship the insects.
- We do not have a beneficial insect for every pest. Please make sure you are choosing the correct beneficial.
- Without the correct target pest, the beneficial insects will die. There are very few that can survive on other food sources (pollen, other pests, etc.)
- Not all pests are equal, and not all beneficial insects work for all pests.
- If you do not apply the beneficial insect solution correctly, it will not work.
- If you apply the incorrect beneficial insects in the hopes that they will work, they will not.
- We are supplying you with live insects; they need to be released ASAP and cannot be stored.
- All packages are over-packed and some deaths can occur in transport. Also note that shedding can also be present in the containers, giving a false impression of insect deaths in the packaging.
- This is not an instant cure, and it can take 2-3 weeks for your beneficial population to increase to a point where your target pests begin to be controlled.
- If you have used any chemical insecticides in the past 2 months, they will probably kill your newly acquired beneficials.
- However, if you have been using any of the BioGrow products that we sell, there is no need for concern. Koppert recommends BioGrow products for use with their IPM beneficials.