IPM (Intergrated Pest Managment)
Beneficial insects are simply the best way to control pest infestations, and as they are the natural enemies of your pests, they will target exactly the issue that you are having.
Please read the Important Points below.
due to the small quantities required by home gardeners and small scale
farmers (<5 hectares) the cost of actually obtaining a few vials of
these amazing insects has been prohibitive. Commercial scale farmers
will order 100's of vials of a single insect, whereas a small scale
farmer will require just a few and a home gardener will only require
With our combined purchasing power we are able to supply these beneficial insects in small quantities that are perfect for the home gardener, at really affordable prices.
How it works:
Insect pre-orders are collated every 2 weeks. We will typically place an order every 2nd Thursday. This does vary depending on demand.
The orders are received on a Monday morning, and shipped the same day using a courier service.
Please note: If you live in an outlying area that is not regularly serviced by a courier, please call our office prior to ordering.
Livingseeds Office # 016 100 0824
Naturally, any other products ordered with your beneficial insect order will be held back until we ship the insects.
1) We do not have a beneficial insect for every pest. Please make sure you are choosing the correct beneficial.
2) Without the correct target pest, the beneficial insects will die. There are very few that can survive on other food sources (pollen, other pests etc).
3) Not all pests are equal. and not all beneficial insects work for all pests.
4) If you do not apply the beneficial insect solution correctly, it will not work.
5) If you apply the incorrect beneficial insects in the hopes that they will work.... they will not.
6) We are supplying you live insects, they need to be released ASAP and cannot be stored.
7) All packages are over-packed and some deaths can occur in transport. Also note that sheddings can also be present in the containers giving a false impression of insect deaths in the packaging.
This is not an instant cure, and it can take 2-3 weeks for your
beneficial population to increase to a point where your target pests begin to be controlled.
9) If you have used any chemical insecticides in the past 2 months, they will probably kill your newly acquired beneficials.
However, if you have been using any of the BioGrow products that we
sell, there is no need for concern. BioGrow products are recommended by
Koppert for use with their IPM beneficials.