Last Updated 06 /08/ 2020 @ 18:00
We are allowing on-farm collections.
Please understand the following rules for your and our safety.
- Masks are mandatory.
- No contact
- No Card payment onsite
- Collections only, no consultations or farm/show garden walk-abouts.
- All collections MUST be between 09:00 and 13:00
We are experiencing high order volumes due to Spring planting and all of the new COVID planters. This is exciting and we have increased our order fulfillment and their support staff compliment by over 200%.
However as we are so popular we are still experiencing delays. Please expect 3-5 days between order placement and shipping. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Livingseeds is predominantly an online store, and as such make use of couriers to deliver our parcels.
Regardless of the shipping method that you choose, we have a specific routine that we try to adhere to as much as possible. However, farm-life and the weather can occasionally play havoc with our schedule.
We print and pack orders every day of the week. These orders are packed and a tracking number is issued to you. Our courier’s tracking systems will reflect your tracking number once your parcel has been collected. Our couriers usually collect parcels from The Livingseeds Farm every afternoon around 16h00
We have a few options with regards to shipping.
1) FREE Shipping. All South African orders over R750 will enjoy free shipping.
(Please note that this is limited to seed orders only, with a maximum packed weight of 1Kg) This specifically excludes our Sprouting and Microgreens seed, potatoes, garlic, seedlings, sweet potatoes or any already discounted seed collections.
2) Couriers: We use a number of courier options to give you the best pricing possible.
Once you have entered your address, our system will work it out based on your postal code. It is critical that you postal code is correct, incorrect entries into this field will probably create delivery issues and cause additional costs.
4) Postnet Counter-to-Counter. If you have a Postnet near you, this may be a preferred option in smaller towns and outlying areas.
PLEASE NOTE: We will use one of two methods to choose your Postnet branch.
1) You let us know in the comments which branch you would prefer. (Naturally, this is the best option.)
2) We will use the postal code in your shipping address field.
5) Collection at Livingseeds Farm.
We have a daily collection option available at Livingseeds Farm.
Please note the following:
a) Collection is strictly between 09h00 and 15h00.
b) You will be notified via email or WhatsApp when you parcel is ready for collection.
NOTE: We are unable to stop other order processing if you arrive unannounced.
b) This option is NOT available on weekends or public holidays.
c) At this point, it is collection only and not for product selection.
d) Orders will be held for collection for two weeks, we will notify you every Monday about your collection.
e) At the end of the two weeks we will charge R50 fees per week
f) After a month of storage your parcel will be donated to a local charity.
- Our shipping options and rates change based on your shipping address postal code. (Couriers cannot deliver to a postal address)
- For the best shipping rates, please check by changing your shipping address between your home street address and your work street address. This will allow you to choose the fastest AND most cost effective shipping option.
- Try to get some gardening friends together and combine all your orders into a single order.
For international shipping, your only cost effective option is the South African Post Office. Sometimes it’s great and other times it sucks. If you are in the U.S. or Canada, then look at using www.theseedstead.com our sister company.
South African Post Office.
You are welcome to request us to ship via SAPO. Please send an email to orders (at) Livingseeds.co.za
Please note that we cannot be held liable for parcels that you have requested to be shipped via SAPO.
We have as much (and probably more) frustration as you do, in terms of getting any feedback from SAPO with regards to parcel deliveries.
If you choose SAPO as a delivery option, you will assume sole responsibility once we have put the parcel into their hands.