Last Updated 12 /05 / 2020 @09:10
Livingseeds have received a Category A exemption to sell and ship via Ram Couriers.
Please note the following:
1) We are allowing on-farm collections from the 12th May 2020
Please understand the following rules for your and our safety.
- As per Lvl 4 rules masks are mandatory.
- No contact
- No Card payment onsite
- Collections only, no consultations or farm/show garden walk-abouts.
- All collections MUST be between 10:00 and 14:00
- You can ONLY collect once you have received an email stating your order is ready for collection.
2) Ram Couriers and Fastway are operating from Livingseeds Farm on a daily basis.
We are predominantly an online store, and as such make use of couriers to deliver our parcels.
Regardless of the shipping method that you choose, we have a specific routine that we try to adhere to as much as possible. However, farm-life and the weather can occasionally play havoc with our schedule.
Typically we will print and pack orders every day of the week. These orders are packed and a tracking number is issued to you. Our courier’s tracking systems will reflect your tracking number once your parcel has been collected. Our couriers usually collect parcels from The Livingseeds Farm every afternoon around 16h00
Certain products, such as our seedlings, are not shipped every day. Live plants have a specific window that we need to accommodate to ensure healthy, viable seedlings on the other end. So, depending on your location, we may hold over your seedling order until the following week.
If your order contains bulk seed then it will only be packed once all the regular orders have been consigned for the day. This could mean a 12-48 hour delay in processing of your order.
We have a few options with regards to shipping.
1) FREE Shipping. All South African orders over R500 will enjoy free shipping.
(Please note that this is limited to seed orders only, with a maximum packed weight of 1Kg) This specifically excludes our Sprouting and Microgreens seed, potatoes, garlic, seedlings, sweet potatoes or any already discounted seed collections.
2) Fastway Couriers are our preferred shipping option. They can ONLY deliver to a day-time street or office address in certain main centres and outlying areas. Please ensure that your street address AND postal code are entered correctly to ensure a proper quotation.
Note that certain outlying areas may only be serviced by Fastway once a week.
3) RAM Couriers deliver to ANY location in South Africa, both urban and rural. As long as you can provide a physical address and a contactable phone number, they will be able to deliver to you.
4) Postnet Counter-to-Counter. If you have a Postnet near you, this may be a preferred option in smaller towns and outlying areas.
a) Collection is strictly between 09h00 and 15h00.
b) You will be notified when you parcel is ready for collection. A Map and a location pin will be sent through to you via email and/or Whasapp.
We are unable to stop other order processing if you arrive unannounced.
c) This option is NOT available on a Saturday.
d) At this point, it is collection only and not for product selection.
- Our shipping options and rates do change based on your shipping address. (Couriers cannot deliver to a postal address)
- For the best shipping rates, please check by changing your shipping address between your home street address and your work street address. This will allow you to choose the fastest AND most cost effective shipping option. ???
- Try to get some gardening friends together and combine all your orders into a single order. At best you will get free shipping, at worst you will split the shipping costs a few ways.
International Shipping and the South African Post Office.
For international shipping, your only cost effective option is the South African Post Office. Sometimes it’s great and other times it sucks.
Please note that we cannot be held liable for parcels that you have requested to be shipped via SAPO. We have as much (and probably more) frustration as you do, in terms of getting any feedback from SAPO with regards to parcel deliveries. If you choose SAPO as a delivery option, you will assume sole responsibility once we have put the parcel into their hands.