Last Updated 20 /02/ 2023
Livingseeds is predominantly an online store, and as such make use of couriers to deliver our parcels.
Regardless of the shipping method that you choose, we have a specific routine that we try to adhere to as much as possible. However, farm-life and the weather can occasionally play havoc with our schedule.
We print and pack orders every day of the week. These orders are packed and a tracking number is issued to you. Our courier’s tracking systems will reflect your tracking number once your parcel has been collected. Our couriers usually collect parcels from The Livingseeds Farm every afternoon around 16h00
We have a few options with regards to shipping:
FREE Shipping. All South African orders over R500 and under 5 kg will enjoy free shipping. The Free Shipping option needs to be selected by you and is not automatically generated. The term "Free Shipping Unlocked" will appear at the top of the shipping options on checkout if all criteria have been met.
2) Couriers: We use a number of courier options to give you the best pricing possible.
Once you have entered your address, our system will work it out based on your postal code. It is critical that your postal code is correct, incorrect entries into this field will probably create delivery issues and cause additional costs.
4) Postnet Counter-to-Counter. If you have a Postnet near you, this may be a preferred option in smaller towns and outlying areas.
PLEASE NOTE: We will use one of two methods to choose your Postnet branch.
1) You let us know in the comments
which branch you would prefer. (Naturally, this is the best option.)
2) We will use the postal code in your shipping address field.
Collection at Livingseeds Farm.
We have a daily collection option available at Livingseeds Farm.
Please note the following:
a) Collection is strictly between 09h00 and 14h00 Monday through Saturday except on public holidays.
b) You will be notified via email or WhatsApp when you parcel is ready
NOTE: We are unable to stop other order processing if you arrive unannounced.
c) Orders will be held for collection for two weeks, we will remind you every Monday about your collection.
d) At the end of the two weeks we will charge a R50 fee per week
e) After a month of storage your parcel will be donated to a local charity.
- Our shipping options and rates change based on your shipping address postal code. (Couriers cannot deliver to a postal address)
- For the best shipping rates, please check by changing your shipping address between your home street address and your work street address. This will allow you to choose the fastest AND most cost effective shipping option.
- Try to get some gardening friends together and combine all your orders into a single order.
We no longer accept any international orders. If you live outside of South Africa, please arrange for a South African friend or relative to order and receive your shipment on your behalf. Orders placed for international delivery will NOT be shipped.
If you are in the U.S. or Canada, our sister company www.theseedstead.com carries a fantastic range of seed, including many South African varieties that are otherwise not available in these territories.
South African Post Office.
You are welcome to request us to ship via SAPO. Please send an email to orders (at) Livingseeds.co.za
note that we cannot be held liable for parcels that we send via SAPO at your request.
We have as much (and probably more) frustration as you do, in terms of getting any feedback from SAPO with regards to parcel deliveries.
If you choose SAPO as a delivery option, you will assume sole responsibility once we have put the parcel into their hands.